The designer of Amille was kind enough to contact me and let me know I had rotated the design by one leaf, which was okay but would give a different look. So even though I was almost finished with one end of the center panel, I ripped it out and started it again, this time the right way. She was right. I have now finished the first side of the center panel and am working on the other side --
This pattern is such a treat to knit!
I ordered some nice deep purple cashmere/silk from Yubina for the Queen Susan shawl -- you know, the mega-project that Fleegle and a number of others created the pattern for (see Ravelry for details) and it arrived yesterday. Six thousand yards of cobweb weight yarn. Maybe I will start it this summer. Or maybe not. Stay tuned.
My good friend Pauline made me a couple of beautiful sun catchers for Christmas. We've hung them in the dining room window which gets lots of sun in the morning. The way the prisms make the light play on the walls play causes no end of interest and delight from the cats. Here is Roscoe intently studying them --
I am loving the Hydrangea stole, though I don't have a new photo of it for you. It is a good match of yarn and beads to pattern, a great color and something I will feel good wearing.
Now the coppery cashmere/silk is gorgeous yarn but it just was not making me happy in my adaptation of peacock feathers. I think there needs to be some kind of panel in the center from which the feathers can emerge, but I don't yet know what that is.
A few days ago I was poking around on Ravelry and came across the exquisite Amille stole by knitterain -- it is not yet in the Ravelry database but was a KAL that she did. I just fell in love with the design so I contacted her to see if the pattern is available. And I was directed to her site where I could download the clues from the KAL (she is in the process of editing charts and plans to make it available through Ravelry so keep an eye on it). You can see the stole if you look through the Progress thread of knitterain's knitalong group on Ravelry.
The more I looked at Amille, the more I wanted to try it. So I decided to see how it would work in the beautiful Tequila Sunrise Love Potion #3 from Gossamer Webs. The net result? I am in love with this one too!
I just love this pattern, my favorite of the ones Susan Pandorf has designed. The flow of the motifs from one to another is just right and the beads make it all work. I toyed with starting again to make it wider - mine will be about 24" but I decided it's wide enough.
It's such fun to fall in love with a piece of my own work.
Moe considers grabbing the Hydrangea for himself -
I'll have a couple of recipes later this weekend -- stay tuned!
This adaptation of the Peacock Feathers pattern that I am working on is one of those that takes some fiddling before it looks right to me. I have frogged it twice, first to change to a smaller needle -- I am now using a 2.75mm instead of a 3.0mm because I like the stockinette bits to have some density. That small change did the trick. Then I decided that I did not like the first motif so I changed to going directly into the clear peacock feather motif. And both work. Here is what it looks like today:
The beads are a mixture of deep metallic green, purples, and golds.
I got the idea for the colors from this feather ornament we use on our Christmas tree -- you can see in the peacock eye, the coppery color of the yarn and the colors of the beads.
I think I am going to like this a lot.