No pictures but I have a yummy recipe for corn chowder.
2 Cups frozen corn
4 strips bacon, cut into 1/2 inch dice
1 medium onion (7 to 8 oz), cut into 1/2 inch dice
1 finely chopped chipotle pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
3 cups chicken stock or broth
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup heavy cream
1. Place stock and potatoes in pot and simmer until potatoes are done. They should be soft but not falling apart.
2. Meanwhile, cook the bacon until it is crispy. Add to soup pot.
3. Saute onions in 1 tablespoon of the rendered bacon fat. When they are translucent, add them to the soup pot.
4. Add chipotle pepper, thyme, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper to soup. Stir in coen and allow mixture to simmer gently for a few minutes.
5. Stir in cream and simmer until soup is hot.
6. Taste and correct seasonings as needed.
Serve with good bread.
Last fall when lobster prices were so low, we froze some cooked lobster meat. We thawed it yesterday and put chunks of lobster meat in the bottom of each bowl, then ladled in the soup. It was sublime.